This is an opportunity for a recent college graduate to become immersed in media and learn what it entails to become a media/planner buyer in an advertising agency. The media coordinator combines creative thinking and project management skills, while maintaining a keen focus on quality. This media coordinator position is responsible for providing strategic planning support across all media channels while gaining an understanding of branding principles and ROI driving tactics. The media assistant will learn to plan, execute and analyze traditional and digital campaigns across display, mobile, rich media and video as well as traditional media channels.
- Help with research needs of the media dept. (markets, vendors and target audiences) for use in client media plans and new business efforts.
- Gather creative specifications and deadlines once media plans are approved by clients and input this data into airtable or google doc worksheets.
- Send out creative assets to vendors in a timely manner.
- Attend campaign kick-off meetings to gain understanding of the planning process.
- Assist in developing media plans: keynotes and flowcharts.
- Learn key media terminology.
- Help with monthly client reporting, request reporting from vendors.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment and exhibit multi-tasking abilities in order to help manage deadlines.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong communicator – both written and oral.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of team members.
- Understanding of the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in advertising, marketing/business or communications.
- Team player who has a positive and enthusiastic outlook regarding the work we do.
- Strong work ethic.
- Natural curiosity and love of learning.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strives to provide quality work.
View All Jobs