PR Account Executive – South Texas
- The PR Account Executive within the McDonald’s Team assists in the day-to-day management of the client’s public relations efforts for local co-op business in the Coastal Bend and Rio Grande Valley area.
- This position oversees tactical execution, serves as the day-to-day client liaison and contributes to the strategic planning process.
- The ideal candidate is a storyteller and cheerleader for our clients’ brands, while also driving smart, organized execution to bring strategies to life and achieve best results.
- Assist with development and execution of public relations and community engagement plans including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Define opportunities for public relations strategy in the overall context of a client’s marketing communications plan.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to multitask, juggling priorities and managing time effectively.
- Develop tactics to engage audiences across social media platforms, and direct social media content development and execution on behalf of the client.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts locally, regionally, nationally and within business and industry media.
- Build and maintain media lists for the client across multiple markets.
- Coordinate check presentations at client events and interview requests.
- Coordinate social media influencer partnerships on behalf of the client.
- Develop media materials, including key messages, news releases, media alerts, talking points, Q & A’s and more and collaborate with client to revise and finalize.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the client and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about client news and other initiatives.
- Ensure tactical plans achieve client objectives and strategies.
- Educate and support client and internal teams regarding public relations strategy value and best practices.
- Work closely with key community partners and charitable organizations on behalf of the brand.
- Provide on-site support at client events and for media interviews.
- Travel (as necessary) on behalf of clients to meetings, conferences and presentations.
- There is no busy season or light season. We are busy, and we move quickly. This job requires relentless hustle and a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-do-your-part mentality.
- Located in South Texas (San Antonio, Coastal Bend, Rio Grande Valley area)
- A college degree, preferably in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications, is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in communications, public relations and/or media fields.
- Proficient in Spanish (high level of comfort with the use of a language in spoken or written)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Great at time management and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind.
Trozzolo is an ad agency and marketing communications and consultancy firm that takes pride in its talent, strategic thinking and award-winning creative. Headquartered in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, we value being together and collaborating in our open space built for forward thinking, creativity and a healthy dose of fun. Hybrid work works here, too. We value it all and embrace the notion that a good idea can come from anywhere. Working with the best is how we build our team. Our culture is rooted in relationships and teamwork. We’re equal parts collaboration, fun, family and growth.
View All Jobs