Production Design Manager
Production Design Manager reports to the VP, Managing Creative Director.
The production design manager is a creative, detail-oriented person who helps establish and maintain our clients’ brands. They will have experience managing a variety of production responsibilities as well as a production team. Design, resizing, prepress, and crafting assets with a keen eye for detail, along with managing production partnerships and print buying play a large role in the day-to-day work requirements. To be a successful production design manager, you should be creative, collaborative and meticulous.
- Work with account managers to refine design specifications and collaborate with art directors, designers and writers.
- Review all aspects of layouts to finalize before design completion.
- Prepare press-ready files based on supplied specifications.
- Design layouts within established templates and brand guidelines.
- Follow development timelines to ensure on-time project completion.
- Troubleshoot problems with the design team and the printer.
- Keep up to date with graphic design trends, techniques and software.
- Manage relationships and buying with all print partners and other relevant vendors.
- Facilitate installations and creation of various dimensional media.
- Mentor other production artists.
- Degree in design, or equivalent work experience in commercial or visual art.
- 5+ years of experience in a production-related position.
- Advanced knowledge of full Adobe suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Apple Keynote.
- Ability to analyze files built by other designers and complete project (verify accuracy, conduct pre-publishing checks and upload files to vendors).
- Ability to support the creative and digital teams on preproduction work.
- Ability to collaborate with design and account teams at a project level, guiding the work to completion.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter and proactive thinker, with the ability to anticipate problems and voice them if necessary.
- A strong design aesthetic with a critical eye for the mechanics.
- Ability to maintain a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
View All Jobs