The Senior Copywriter reports to the Managing Creative Director.
We are looking for a creative senior copywriter to write and edit original marketing content. Duties include writing for campaigns, editing associate copywriters’ work, and ensuring brand voice consistency across platforms. You will also create original web content, and concept, develop and contribute to advertising campaigns.
To be successful as a senior copywriter, you should demonstrate exceptional writing abilities and keen attention to detail. You should understand marketing strategies and how to create work that aligns to it. A competent senior copywriter will also be experienced in creating engaging long-form content and social media.
- Takes a leadership role in the creative process – from concept through completion, including creative development, production and follow-through.
- Develops multiple creative solutions that meet strategic and creative objectives.
- Ensures concepts are effective and persuasive.
- Presents and substantiates creative solutions – internally and externally.
- Manages a diverse workload.
- Meets deadlines while maintaining creative quality and consistency.
- Works closely with designers and account managers.
- Assists in mentoring writers and editing others’ work.
- Understands and respects client budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Be a creative, idea-driven, strategic thinker.
- Experience writing copy or with a specific industry, such as health care, marketing or technology, may be beneficial or required.
- Strong communication, research and ideation skills.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility and motivation.
- Ability to understand the needs associated with a project and the target audience.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Sweats the details.
- Willingness to meet deadlines.
- A self-starting, flexible team player.
Trozzolo is an ad agency and marketing communications and consultancy firm that takes pride in its talent, strategic thinking and award-winning creative. Headquartered in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, we value being together and collaborating in our open space built for forward thinking, creativity and a healthy dose of fun. Hybrid work works here, too. We value it all and embrace the notion that a good idea can come from anywhere. Working with the best is how we build our team. Our culture is rooted in relationships and teamwork. We’re equal parts collaboration, fun, family and growth.
View All Jobs