PR Account Coordinator
Reporting RelationshipThe Public Relations Account Coordinator reports directly to the Public Relations Director
The PR Account Coordinator is an important position on the Public Relations and Community Engagement Team. This position is mostly responsible for tactical account work; however, the PR Account Coordinator also interacts directly with the client. This position contributes to the strategic planning process and is key to executing PR tactics. Ideal candidates have a thirst for knowledge, all-in, can-do attitude, drive to get the job done, unparalleled energy, skills to interact well with many different teams and partners and ability to offer valuable support in an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
- Assist with development and execution of public relations and community engagement plans including strategy, goals, budget and tactics for a variety of clients across a variety of industries.
- Define opportunities for public relations strategy in the overall context of a client’s marketing communications plan.
- Provide strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media and influencers.
- Work with social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media platforms, and direct social media content development, execution and tracking on behalf of client.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts locally, nationally and within business and industry media.
- Build and maintain media lists for clients across industries.
- Develop media materials, including key messages, news releases, media alerts, talking points, and collaborate with client stakeholders to revise and finalize.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies.
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about client news and other initiatives.
- Educate and support client and internal teams regarding public relations strategy value and best practices.
- Work closely with key community partners and charitable organizations on behalf of the brand.
- Provide on-site support at client events and for media interviews.
- Stay up to date on national and local news and relevant industry trends.
- Travel (as necessary) on behalf of clients to trade shows, conferences and presentations.
- A degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- A minimum of one-year relatable internship or experience at an agency preferred.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Great at time management and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong creative mind.
View All Jobs