PR Strategist – Proventus
The Public Relations Strategist plays an important role on the Proventus Consulting team. Proventus Consulting is a marketing, public relations and business development consultancy that serves legal industry clients across the nation. It is a division of Trozzolo Communications Group, a family-owned, midsized agency + consultancy based in Kansas City.
The PR Strategist is responsible for developing and executing on media relations and marketing strategies for our clients. The position requires that the individual think both strategically and creatively to garner the best results possible and to ensure our clients are receiving the best outcomes.
- Lead in the execution of client public relations and marketing strategies that: increase the visibility of our clients among target audiences; strengthen their reputations in the industry; and create results that can be leveraged to support their business development efforts.
- In executing on this primary responsibility, the Public Relations Strategist is responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars that track national legal and business media, as well as media of interest in the local markets where our clients have a presence.
- Writing and distributing news releases and proactively engaging key media on behalf of clients.
- Identifying and pursuing thought leadership opportunities for clients that may come in the form of contributing articles and speaking roles.
- Serving as editor and ghostwriter on substantive legal issues and matters of interest to client target audiences.
- Providing strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media, analysts and influencers.
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating PR results on a regular basis.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and making appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies.
- Connecting with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about client news and other initiatives.
- Collaborating with client stakeholders to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership material.
- Educating and supporting clients regarding public relations strategy value and best practices.
- Coordinating creation, production and distribution of a range of print and electronic materials, including marketing collateral, business development proposals, newsletters, e-alerts, invitations, etc.
- Assisting in the development and management of social media programs, including ad placement and management as well as content creation.
- Leading efforts to coordinate national, regional and local nominations and awards for clients, including development and submission of nominations for law firms and their individual attorneys.
- Assisting in the creation of industry ranking submissions, including researching, writing and editing pitches to encourage consideration of clients for inclusion in a variety of industry guides.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, communications or marketing – graduate degree a plus.
- Minimum five years’ experience in corporate communications, journalism, public relations and/or business development fields.
- Previous legal marketing and/or agency experience a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong relationships with legal, business and industry media outlets.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of public relations and digital communications best practices and trends.
- An innately curious mind. Ability to think logically, based on research and reasoning, and be inspired by creativity and human behaviors.
- Experience pitching, crafting and placing content externally.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects.
- Proven organizational skills.
- A professional, positive image that reflects positively on the organization
Trozzolo is an ad agency and marketing communications and consultancy firm that takes pride in its talent, strategic thinking and award-winning creative. Headquartered in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, we value being together and collaborating in our open space built for forward thinking, creativity and a healthy dose of fun. Hybrid work works here, too. We value it all and embrace the notion that a good idea can come from anywhere. Working with the best is how we build our team. Our culture is rooted in relationships and teamwork. We’re equal parts collaboration, fun, family and growth.
View All Jobs