Senior Account Executive
The account executive is an important support position on the account service team. The position is mostly responsible for tactical account work; however, this position also interacts directly with the client, and does provide counsel and recommendations. In addition, the position can conduct research and contribute to the strategic planning process.
- Coordinates teams (creative, digital) to complete tactical assignments.
- Contributes to strategy development and conducts research.
- Manages tactical implementation. This includes:
- Meets with clients.
- Delivers recommendations and smart counsel on a daily basis.
- Participates in client presentations.
- Develops and implements plan tactics.
- Develops and monitors project budgets.
- Reporting value and results to clients.
- Creates and updates media lists.
- Writing news releases, service reports, and a variety of materials.
- Making media follow-up calls and results reports.
- Writing succinct and complete diary entries.
- Participates in new business meetings and presentations.
- Assists in identifying account growth opportunities that could lead to new business.
- Provides support to account supervisors and team members.
- Prepares project budgets.
- Conducts and/or oversees research activities and contributes to insights.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
Four+ years of communications experience is preferred, but not required, including time spent in direct account management. Journalism and/or agency background is a plus.
A four-year college degree, preferably in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications is required.
Distinguishing Factors for “Senior” Level
- Is responsible for a clients’ billing (worksheets, Service Reports, budget tracker and projections.
- Handles more projects with autonomy.
- Requires less editing and direction than an account executive.
- Takes more ownership for accounts.
- Ambitious and driven to succeed.
- Strong verbal communicator.
- Strong writer, with ability to write will in a variety of different styles and brand voices including: strategic plans, social media posts, client recommendations, letters, etc.
- Proficient on Macs, using Word, Excel and Keynote.
- Strong presentation and persuasive communication skills.
- Team leadership abilities.
- Ability to successfully coordinate teams.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced environment and multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Understands the importance of discretion and is able to keep information confidential.
- Team player who has a positive and enthusiastic outlook on the work we do.
- Client-oriented, high standard of service.
- Desire to continue to learn, improve and grow into advanced positions.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Natural curiosity and love of learning to stay current.
- Self-motivated and shows terrific initiative.
- Involved in and passionate about the Kansas City community.
- Interested in reading and keeping abreast of the industry.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Values high quality work and professional excellence.
- Has a great sense of humor and doesn’t take themselves and others too seriously.
- Has an “all in” attitude and solves instead of whines.
Trozzolo is an ad agency and marketing communications and consultancy firm that takes pride in its talent, strategic thinking and award-winning creative. Headquartered in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, we value being together and collaborating in our open space built for forward thinking, creativity and a healthy dose of fun. Hybrid work works here, too. We value it all and embrace the notion that a good idea can come from anywhere. Working with the best is how we build our team. Our culture is rooted in relationships and teamwork. We’re equal parts collaboration, fun, family and growth.
View All Jobs